Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Working from home...a blessing or a curse?

I have been employed by CBS Interactive since 2005 and have enjoyed my time in the office.  In June of 2010, approximately 10 employees from my department were made "remote".  The company provided each of us with a lap top and headset, to make and take phone calls.  Working from home is not for everyone, however you must be very disciplined and dedicated to your job, in order for you to succeed.




Personally, I get a lot more work done at home, then I do being in the office.  At home, there are less distractions, which allows me to get things more accomplished and stay on task.  However, I do miss the office interaction, but one thing I do NOT miss is the gossiping, backstabbing, etc. 

Some days, I head downtown to work from the local Starbucks for a few hours, to break up the day.  During my down time at work, I spend it doing laundry, dishes and other household chores, which is great, because come five o'clock I can just relax!

Overall, working from home has been a blessing and I have extremely thankful to have been given the opportunity to do this.  Of course I miss my co-workers and office interaction, but that is why there are telephones and webcams!

No comments:

Post a Comment