Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Decorating Like A Pro

Baking has always been a passion of mine, so I have decided to take it to the next level.  The local Michael's offers three different Wilton cake decorating classes (Decorating Basics, Flowers and Cake Design, and Gum Paste and Fondant).

Michael's offers student kits for each class, however since I knew that I was going to be decorating many cakes, I decided to get the Wilton Ultimate Decorating Set, which includes everything I would need for all three classes!

The first class is Decorating Basics, which teaches you how to properly bake and frost a cake, make your own frosting and  how to use decorator bags and tips.  The first night of class we were given lesson plan, which has everything we will be learning during the four classes.  

With lesson 1 completed, I could not wait to see what lesson 2 would bring!  There are many supplies that I need to purchase, but this is going to be an investment.  Who knows I could start my own cake decorating business out of the house.  I am looking forward to sharing my creativity and designs with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment