Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wedding Day Advice

After months of planning, big day has finally arrived!  You have been dreaming of your wedding day, ever since you were a little girl.   Your wedding day will be the happiest day of your life, one that you will never forget.  I married my husband, John, on July 30 in Boca Raton, Florida.  My wedding day was everything I had dreamed of and much more.  From beginning to end, the day was absolutely beautiful.  I wish to share some of my advice with you, to ensure that you have an unforgettable wedding day. 


All of the excitement and nerves will set in the night before the wedding, which may cause you to lose some of your beauty sleep.  However, I suggest that the night before your wedding, try to get to bed early.  Depending on what time your wedding will begin your day will start off early.  No bride wants dark circles under her eyes, when all eyes are on you.


A piece of advice, which my aunt has told me for many years, was to drink plenty of water.  When I was getting ready, I was very excited to walk down the aisle, that I barely ate, so instead my aunt kept giving me water through a straw (you don’t want to mess up your lipstick), so I will not become dehydrated.  Not to mention that it was nearly 100 degrees on that day.


After the ceremony has ended, take some time with your husband to take everything in.  The day will go by very fast and you need to share some special moments with your husband.  If possible, try to see the reception site before the guests arrive.  You will appreciate the beauty of everything with no one in the room. 

The most important advice that I can give any bride is to have fun!  This is the most important day of your life and there is no need to sweat the small stuff.  Dance with your friends and family, be goofy, and give plenty of kisses to your husband.  One minute you are getting your makeup done and the next, you are leaving the reception to spend the first night together as husband and wife. 

My husband and I cannot stop talking about our wedding day.  There is nothing that we would do any different.  It is a great feeling when you say “husband” for the first time and you will find yourself saying it over and over again throughout the night.  Enjoy your day, because it will be over in a blink of an eye.  Congratulations to all of the beautiful brides, who will soon become a Mrs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment